Monday, February 22, 2010

Nineteen Days - but who's counting?


 
19 days! Yikes! I'm getting a little freaked out, here!
I've been putting off sewing. I'm not a big fan of it. It can be fun, if someone else cuts out the material and sets everything else out so all you have to do is sit down and sew. But then there's always the seam ripper. Forget it! I hate sewing!

I cut out the material for Allie's dress and started cutting out the material for mine. I'm not counting on mine looking good on me (since I couldn't find one at the department store that looked good on me) but I already bought the pattern and material so I'm gonna give it a shot. Wish me luck.

Let's not talk about the wedding anymore. It's making me nervous.

Let's talk about how I ran over a mailbox in the Mother Ship. First, let me just place some of the blame elsewhere... I'll need to back track a little... We finally sold our trailer. That's the good news. The bad news is we have to find a pace to store all the junk that was in the trailer. The Captain moved everything into the Mother Ship and hadn't had time to unload it yet so when Liesl and I were driving home from walking I decided to show her a home that was for sale (we're looking into buying a home here). Liesl warned me not to drive into the driveway, but she complains about my driving all the time so I just ignored her. After taking the Peeping Tom tour I was pulling out and BOOM! Stupid mail box.

In my defense, it was a very long driveway - all dirt and gravel - and I couldn't see in the rear view mirror because of all the stuff in the van. McKenna tried to put it back up, but to no avail. What to do? Do I leave a note on the box for the bank that owns the home? Do I high tail it outta there? I'll let you ponder on that. Now, how do I turn off the comments?

7 comments:

Valorie said...

Dione....I'm still laughing so hard!! You crack me up, what a great way to start my monday morning! The wedding invites look beautiful. I don't like to sew either but if I lived closer I'd come sit by you and visit with you while you did sew. I am good with a seam ripper...lots of practice. Hang in there!

Linsey Jackson said...

thats crazy! i'm so happy for her. who did their invitations?

Sarah said...

Cute invites!!!

Chelsa said...

I love their announcement!
I agree about sewing. I always start a project then give up before it's done. The other day I was so close to throwing my sewing machine off the balcony while trying to make a nursing cover.
That mother ship is definitely to blame. I remember the days of driving that. I can still picture the day when my parents went out of town and me and Nicole decided to take the family to the zoo. We found a close parking spot but ended up having to do a 15 point turn to get into it. By the time Nicole finished parking we had drawn a crowd of observers. 10 kids piling out of the van just peaked there interest. The capstone though was setting the alarm off. Good memories :).

DaNce tO ThE MuSiC said...

Dear Maria,
It's 18 days.. and I am counting :D
p.s. at the end of your post you used my birth name...

laurel said...

I hate sewing too. It makes me swear. The mail box story is HILARIOUS! Sorry, I know not to you. I hit a tree last year. It isn't a good feeling.

Bethany said...

My advice on the mailbox is this: leave a note. It should say. Your mailbox got in my way. Too bad, suckas!

It's solid advice. You should follow it.