Friday, March 19, 2010

Here's a sneak peek...

I survived! Barely! I'm anxious to share the wedding details, but I didn't take any pictures, I left that up to the photographers. For some reason I feel tongue tied without pictures. But all is not lost - I snagged a few from some friends/family on Facebook.

The reception was so Liesl! It was a party - carnival style! We had cotton candy, snow cones and popcorn...
(Thanks to my sister, Becky, for this amazing shot)

Liesl's cousins ran the machines. These little red aprons were the first projects we started and ended up being the last! They were simple until it came to the ties (which I had to make up). I put it off until the last Utah minute until my amazing sister, Cliss, drove up to Salt Lake to take them off my hands. She'll never know how much I appreciate her doing this for me!

The face painting was a big hit and we found the most amazing face painter in the Salt Lake Valley! She began before the reception started and stayed an extra hour - that's over 4 hours! Liesl even had her face painted.  

The wedding colors were red, pink and aqua. The bridesmaids wore a black dress of their own choice with red accents. Here's Friedrich and Louisa posing with a friend.

The cake was one of my favorite things about the reception! Liesl's Young Women's leader made it! We overheard some little kids asking each other if it was supposed to look like that.
(This is the guy I stole most of the pictures from)

And here's the lovely bride. The silly girl wanted to see the reception but she finally lost the glasses after one too many comments about her four eyes. Nevertheless, she was beautiful!

So, that's just a sneak peak - It was really a fun evening with lots of friends, family and FUN! One thing is for certain - I truly could not have done it without my amazing sisters and family! They came the night before and stayed until 2 am and took over and ran the reception so our family could visit and enjoy the evening. Then they stayed and cleaned up. They even cried with me. I love them so much!

Coming soon: Behind the scenes (where I get my hair colored using the church's kitchen sink) and more of the wedding and reception.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

It looks so great, Dione! I love the carnival theme.

Bethany said...

I'm so glad you survived! I hadn't seen you online in so long that I had considered organizing a search party.
The reception looks awesome. The carnival theme looked so cool. I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.

Linsey Jackson said...

It was so much fun and turned out great! :) I'm so happy for them. You guys are a great family, love you guys!! :)

laurel said...

What a cute idea! So original. I am so sad I missed it. Jay was in Mexico with Austin on a service mission. I was trapped home with sick ones.

The Stanley's said...

Okay, here I am, the one who was supposed to be there. I am the one who had it on my calendar and was so excited for Ry and Caleb to see each other. I am the one who has been in shock that McKenna is old enough to be doing this. I am the one who received a phone call from my three year old nephew who said on the phone. "Will...you..please...come...to..my...birth...day...party....
March...12th?..I hope...you will..." UGH!! I love him so much and I did not have the heart to say no.
I thought of you all night and the party looks like it was so much fun!!
I want you to email me the bride and groom's address so I can send their present. (It will have a make-it-up gift included!!!)
I am so happy it turned out well for you and I am also happy to know you lived through it. I guess that means it is survivable to marry off one of our babies.
Love you!!! Can I still be your friend? :)