Saturday, March 27, 2010

Who Dat?

If you thought that I would have more time to blog once the wedding was over - you were mistaken! I haven't had time to catch my breath! We brought a young man from Utah home with us for a week. He's a long time friend of the family and we had a great time showing him around ABQ. I've got some fun pictures I'll try to post once I get them downloaded. And after he left we had 2 days to prepare for Friedrich's Senior Trip to... New Orleans/N'awlins/NOLA/The Big Easy/Who Dat? Nation! Why? Of all the places to choose from... Well, the Captain had a business trip out here and Wicked was playing. Friedrich's wanted to see Wicked so bad!

So, we spent all day on Wednesday flying - or waiting in airports! John had a different flight than us. And Grandpa came along (remember he came with us to NYC/Boston for Liesl's Senior trip?). He's so fun. He creates a lot more memories on our vacations than if we just went by ourselves, but that's another post. In fact, this post is going to have to be another post because we're just about ready to go back to the French Quarter to get some beignets! We can't go home without trying them. Our flight doesn't leave here till 5:30ish. I am missing my kids, particualarly that youngest one (what's his name? It's not Brigitta. And that's probably not the right spelling anyway). I just don't like being away from my baby (who turned 3 this month). Speaking of birthdays - my Liesl is 20 today. I have one less teenager today. She and Rolf drove down here to babysit for us. Is that unconditional love or what? Technically still honeymooning and on her birthday now less! She's a good girl and she's married a good guy. I don't know what we would have done without them!

One thing's for certain, there's no place like home. And home is where my heart (my family) is!

2 comments:

Nicole Marsh said...

I would have never thought to go there for a trip, but it actually sounds kind of fun!! I am glad that you enjoyed it.

laurel said...

What a wonderful thing to be together, just the small family group. Won't happen again probably for many a year, but I know what you mean about being away from home.