Sunday, February 7, 2010

No socks, No shoes... Service!

Today I saw the funniest thing! It just made my day! There was a little boy in Primary who was wearing his cute little Sunday clothes, but not a thing on his feet. I didn't think too much about it because it's not unusual for kids to loose articles of clothing as the meetings wear on. But the Primary President told me the real story... first you should know that his mother just gave birth to her 4th son a few weeks ago (I believe he is the 2nd child). Well, as the family was filing out of the van for church they noticed their son had no shoes or socks on. They asked him where they were and he said he must have forgotten to put them on. So, they did what any parents of 4 young boys would do - they carried him into church.

Don't you just love it when parents have their 4th child? People always said it was such an adjustment with their 3rd, and maybe I had just prepared myself, but I didn't think it was so bad. Then again, I didn't have my first son until my 4th. I'm telling you, after my 4th was born I lost my mind! I couldn't remember a thing! And no one invites you over to their house any more. It's like you go from a cute little family to "They're not going to destroy my house". It doesn't matter that the 4th is a newborn that takes only 1 1/2 feet of space! It was at that point that I said, "What does it matter? I've lost my brain, my body and my friends. I guess I'll just have 7!"

I can just hear Dr. Phil saying, "And how's that working for you?"

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I have heard this from multiple women, that the difference from 3 to 4 kids is astounding!

Nicole Marsh said...

See I had always heard that 2-3 was bad, I never knew that 3-4 for was bad. Haha about not getting invited over anymore. I know that my family never did. I was always funny to get new home teachers, they would come once and we would never see them again.

laurel said...

Maylin is my 4th....she has gone to church without shoes. We just went to Subway to grab sandwiches (came home to eat them) and I carried her in without anything on her feet.Sometimes it is easier than finding them, fighting to put them on and then put them on again after they kick them off in the car. Is there a support group our there for moms like us?

Joe and Amie said...

You mean to tell me that I lose friends because I'm in the "Married" category and now I'm going to lose more when I have kids!!! What's wrong with my friends! I thought they liked me for me, not because of my life changes!? LOL

Chelsa said...

Ha ha, I love it! It reminds of Nicole's wedding day when I was in charge of getting all of the kids ready and to the temple on time. Looking back at the pictures, Dallin has no shoes on and pen all over his legs. It's great coming from a big family because there is always something to look back on and laugh about :)!

Kellie Rasmussen said...

I THINK IT IS WORKING OUT PERFECTLY FOR YOU!! :) YOU HAVE BEEN BLESSED BEYOND MEAUSRE MY FRIEND!! <3