Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Extra, Extra - Read All About It

First off, I'd like to say that I'm sick! I rarely get sick, and it's a good thing because I complain a lot. I just don't like it. What else is going on here? Oh! It's snowing! And when it snows here, school is either canceled or delayed. Such a funny state! Hold on while I go check to see if they've updated the closure list...

Lots of schools closing and delayed, but nothing here... not yet. That means I have to wake up in the morning and check. Did I mention I'm sick? Oh, that reminds me - This morning when I was getting the kids ready for school I was emptying out Britt (ugh, what's his name?) oh, Brigitta!... Brigitta's backpack and noticed a slip of paper that read, "Your current event day is on Wednesday". Maybe I should have checked his backpack yesterday. Oh well, not a problem. So, we Googled "Albuquerque News", found a TV station and proceeded to scan the headlines for a current event. There were plenty of current events - but which one would be most appropriate for a 3rd grader?

South Valley home invasions 

Two to three armed men have entered several homes in the South Valley, tying up the victims before ransacking the property.


Police plan third day of excavations 

After two days of digging in the garage of an Albuquerque home police still haven't found what they're looking for-- the body of a man missing since 2002.





Or:
Woman: Nude Photos Circulated Through Santa Fe PD
Mom Claims Teacher Slams Son's Head Into Desk

Celebrity Mug Shots
Unruly Passenger Blames Medical Pot Cookies
Woman accused of selling meth near kids 



Let's try the U.S. News:

Okay, World News?
    NZ Student Sells Virginity For $32,000

    Luckily I stumbled on a "feel-good" story about a little 3 year old girl who saw a news clip on Haitian children who had lost limbs in the earthquake (that's not the good part) and she ran to her closet and got her prosthetic leg and told her mom she was going to give it to the children in Haiti. Of course, there's probably a sad story about the leg...

    Leisl wanted me to mention that my "amazing (future) son in-law" is here visiting. He has a week off of work so he hopped in the car and they haven't stopped cuddling and kissing since. I was using the computer earlier today and throughout The Biggest Loser (taped) I kept hearing smacking noises. Freidrich can't handle it! She stormed off muttering "disgusting".

    Speaking of Freidrich, she leaves for Orlando tomorrow morning (assuming the plane can take off). Her dance team is competing in Nationals this weekend. They will do the DisneyWorld thing. Lucky! I've never been to DisneyWorld. Or Florida, for that matter.

    Oh, I almost forgot - I can't figure out how to make my old blog private. I clicked on the button that said something about only allowing the people I've invited to view my blog - but that doesn't seem to be doing the trick. Anyone?

    7 comments:

    Bethany said...

    Think of all the money we could have made if we had all thought to sell our virginity. Of course there was no craigslist back then.

    Becky said...

    Do you think we should remind Freidrich of this when she is making out with her fiance? Do you think she will be as "disgusting"? LOL

    laurel said...

    I think the virginity story would have been great. Hee hee hee.

    Maria, you make me laugh. I love reading your blog. And we caught one of our kids lip smacking last night. It was awesome. Scared the crap out of him.

    Kristina P. said...

    This is why I can't read the news sometimes. Very depressing.

    Nicole Marsh said...

    I love all of the news stories, and the lip smaking stories, haha. That is awesome that Frederic or how ever you spell it is going to Florida. She will have a lot of fun.

    Valorie said...

    I hate trying to find current events for my kids!! I am with you there, glad you found a good story.

    Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

    Go to settings, then to permissions, and then choose only people I choose. That should do it. Log out of blogger and try to access the blog. You should get a message saying that you have to be invited to view it. Hope that helps.