Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Meet the Ruckus

I've decided to take the advice of Missy (but you can call her Bethany, though I sometimes call her Susan) and name my children after the talented von Trapp family. Why? Because of our talents? Because I've sewn play clothes out of curtains for my children? Because they speak only when spoken to and respond well to whistels? That could be it - but it might also have something to do with the fact that there were 7 kids. Sure, I have one more boy than the von Trapp's, and sure, they aren't in the right order - but the names just seem to fit my kid's personalities, don't you think?

Meet the Ruckus:
 Liesl & Rolf

Friedrich


Louisa




Kurt


Brigitta


Marta


& Gretl


10 comments:

Bethany said...

Wow, those photos are beautiful. Good idea on how to name the kids, someone really smart must have suggested that. Another route you could have gone was to give them three different names so that no one is really sure what the right name is. Truthfully not even I'm sure who I am anymore...

Becky said...

That was hilarious! And yes....I love it!

Kristina P. said...

I'm sure they will really appreciate this.

DaNce tO ThE MuSiC said...

thanks mom. . .
Love Liesl

Nicole Marsh said...

That is great!! I wonder how brigitta feels about his name.

laurel said...

Hey big D, you kill me. You are so funny! I too wonder about Brigitta and Gretl. Okay so I don't wonder too much I just think it is great! Too funny. Darling pictures. They are amazing. I love Gretl's. THe emotion in his eyes is amazing.

laurel said...

Whoa, one more thing. I was really hoping to hear that you HAD made them clothes our of curtains!

Wisconsin Parent said...

Okay, I am coming over from Bethany's blog. This is genius, by the way. High on a hill was a lonely goat herd...yo da lay de yo da lay de yo da lo! Proof there's nothing good on TV anymore ever (exceptions: Modern Family and Glee, and The Office).

ellie may said...

friedrich?

Shara said...

You could have gone with the boys names from 'Seven Brides for Seven Brothers'. Two of their names happen to even be correct - one even in the right order! ;^) Of course, maybe just having one getting married is enough.